Lowestoft: Man attacked and robbed in assault
- Credit: Archant
A MAN was attacked and robbed as he walked down a cycle path last night, police have said.
The 23-year-old was assaulted at around 10.40pm on Wednesday on the cycle path at the back of Cleveland Road in Lowestoft.
He was robbed of his mobile phone and wallet in the incident.
A police spokesman said: “The 23-year-old was walking down steps at Horn Hill when he heard someone shout at him.
“He continued to walk down the footpath towards Beaconsfield Road but was then struck on the back of the head. He was knocked to the ground and his white Blackberry phone fell from his pocket.
“This was picked up by one of three males now standing near him. He was assaulted again but managed to get up off the ground.
“However, as he tried to recover, one of the males took his black leather wallet, containing cash and cards, from one of his pockets.”
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 6 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 9 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
All three then walked off towards Beaconsfield Road.
They are described as white – one aged in his mid-teens, around 6ft tall, of skinny build, wearing a dark coloured top with a thick white stripe down each arm, and dark coloured bottoms – and the other two in their late teens to early 20s, one wearing white trainers.
The 23-year-old sustained a bump to his head and red marks to his back.
Police are asking anyone who was in the area around this time to come forward and officers are also keen to hear from anyone with information about the offenders.
If you can help please call DC 237 Winchester at Lowestoft CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.