Lowestoft: Pumps battle garage blaze
THREE pumps were sent to a blaze after it was believed that a woman was inside the property.
Crews were called to Arbor Lane, Lowestoft, at 12.45pm after a blaze involving a wooden garage attached to a single storey bungalow.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said that a nearby property was evacuated.
She said that a woman was believed to be inside the property, however while crews were at the scene, she returned to her home and all people were accounted for.
The incident was brought under control by 1.30pm, however the property was heavily smoke-logged property and undamaged asbestos boarding was identified in the garage.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, crews are currently battling a blaze involving a bonfire which spread to re-cycling area on Old Bury Road, Stuston.
Three pumps are at the scene which involves 20 tonnes of waste paper, 20 tonnes of straw and an unknown amount of fertilizer.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
The fire involved silage straw bales and farm machinery. It was also encroaching onto Nitrogen 34.
Crews used jets, ground monitors and hose reel jets to tackle to blaze, due to fears that overhead cables could create a risk of electical problems.
The fire was surrounded by 2.15pm, with crews breaking down burning piles of straw and silage.
A teleporter was used to reduce size of burning materials. Crews have now deemed this incident as being under control.