Teenager accused of raping schoolgirl tells court sex was ‘consensual’
- Credit: ARCHANT
A teenager accused of raping a schoolgirl after tying her up has told a court they had consensual sex after she stripped down to her underwear in his bedroom.
Giving evidence at Ipswich Crown Court Jason Bailey said that prior to having sex with the 15-year-old girl, there had been play fighting and she had touched his leg.
Things had started to get more sexual between them, and another girl in the room had left.
Bailey went to see if she was alright and claimed that when he returned the alleged victim, who he claimed had told him she was 17, was on his bed in her underwear.
Bailey removed his clothes and had sex with the girl and said she had not told him to stop, the court heard.
You may also want to watch:
He denied tying her up or holding a knife to her neck.
Bailey, 18, of Kirkley Cliff Road, Lowestoft, denies rape and assault on September 9.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
The court has heard the alleged victim went to the bedsit expecting to see a girl she had met on Facebook, but when she arrived she was let in by Bailey.
He allegedly tied her hands behind her back and put his hands round her neck before raping her.
The trial continues.