Lowestoft takeaway driver threatened at knifepoint
- Credit: Simon Parker
A takeaway driver was robbed of his iPhone, cash and his delivery by a group of men in Lowestoft.
The incident happened between 9pm and 9.30pm on January 15 in Bramble Green.
A spokeswoman from Suffolk Police said the driver, in his 30s, parked nearby and went to an address to deliver food.
“However the resident hadn’t ordered anything and moments later, as he left the address, the victim saw three men – described as white, in their late teens to mid 20s and wearing dark hooded tops with the hoods up – approaching him,” she said.
“Two of them appeared to be holding knives and the victim was then threatened and searched. A silver iPhone, a small amount of cash and the food were stolen before all three ran off.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the delivery driver was unhurt but was left shaken by the incident.
Police asked anyone who may have been in the area around this time, or anyone with information about the three men involved, to call Lowestoft CID by dialling Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 12475/16.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue