Lowestoft: Two treated following flat blaze
TWO people were rescued after a flat became engulfed in flames.
Suffolk police are investigating the incident after a two-storey building in Normanston Drive, Lowestoft, was involved in flames.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said that two people were treated for smoke inhalation.
Two fire engines from Lowestoft South and one from North Lowestoft were called at 1am. All those inside were accounted for and the fire was put out by 2.15am.
A 51-year-old woman suffered burns and smoke inhalation and is currently being treated at the Broomfield Hospital. A 49-year-old woman was also treated at the scene for minor burns.
You may also want to watch:
Police have subsequently arrested a 36-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman both from Lowestoft on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger lives. The 19-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of assault.
They remain in custody at Lowestoft Police Station.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
Anyone with any information in relation to the incident is asked to call Lowestoft Police on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.