Lowestoft woman jailed for trying to smuggle heroin into Norwich Prison
- Credit: PA
A 26-year-old woman has been jailed for six months after trying to smuggle drugs into Norwich Prison.
Dominique Luxford, of High Street in Lowestoft, was sentenced at Norwich Crown Court last Friday.
Prison officers caught Luxford trying to take heroin into HMP Norwich on November 17, 2015 and she was later charged with possession with intent to supply a Class A drug.
Norwich Prison Governor Will Styles, said: “We take a zero tolerance approach to drugs in prison and the sentencing of Luxford reflects that.
“We use a comprehensive range of robust security measures to detect and seize contraband, with intelligence-led searching, x-ray machines, body orifice scanners, metal detectors, body searches and CCTV surveillance cameras.
You may also want to watch:
“Offenders inside and outside of the prison need to be absolutely clear - those caught attempting to smuggle drugs, mobile phones or other prohibited items into prisons will face very serious consequences.”
Detective Inspector Trudie Skeels from ERSOU said: “The work with prisons is part of ERSOUs dedicated and far reaching response tackling organised crime issues within the Eastern region.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 9 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 10 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
“We will continue to work with HMP Norwich and Norfolk Constabulary to prevent drugs or other items being smuggled into our prisons. Let this be a warning to anyone else who thinks they can break the law.”