Lynn to run 'Young Stars' squad
KING'S Lynn speedway confirmed it will run a 'Young Stars' squad in the British National League for 2010.Co-promoter Buster Chapman admitted last year's inaugural bow for the Barracudas had failed to capture the imagination of the Saddlebow public.
KING'S Lynn speedway confirmed it will run a 'Young Stars' squad in the British National League for 2010.
Co-promoter Buster Chapman admitted last year's inaugural bow for the Barracudas had failed to capture the imagination of the Saddlebow public.
"We tried to keep the tie with the ex-Boston team by calling them the Barracudas but this didn't really work out," he said. "I don't think either set of fans felt like the team belonged to them and it was therefore stuck somewhere in the middle.
"So this year we have cut the tie and brought the team totally under the Stars' umbrella. Okay, the new name is not ground-breaking but it doesn't need to be.
You may also want to watch:
"Since my involvement at the football club I have noticed that football teams don't have different nicknames for their reserve or junior teams, and I believe this plays a big part in allowing the fans to relate to the team easier and also helps the riders feel like they are serving an apprenticeship for the senior team."
Team boss Dale Allitt will remain at the helm with the emphasis still on developing the next generation of talent.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
The Young Stars will open their campaign over the Easter weekend with a double header against Scunthorpe.