M25: Lorry fire sparks traffic jams to A12 junction
A LORRY trailer fire on the M25 is causing severe delays close to the A12 junction today.
Firefighters from Essex are tackled the blaze which took hold of the 40ft trailer, carrying plywood, forcing part of the road to be closed.
Crews from Waltham Abbey, two from Loughton and one from Harlow, were alerted at around 7.30am to the anticlockwise carriageway between junctions 27 and 26.
Crews are taking it in turns to leave the scene and replenish their water supply to help fight the flames.
Firefighters had the incident under control shortly before 9am but firefighters are still on scene removing the ply wood and trailer from the motorway.
You may also want to watch:
The fire has caused delays in back to the junction 28 with the A12.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side