Radio DJ’s search for three rare records to complete mammoth collection
- Credit: Archant
A Maldon radio presenter who has collected nearly every single in the Top 75 chart since November 1952 is searching for three records to complete his collection.
Kevin Briggs, a presenter at Caroline Community Radio and popular quiz master, began collecting singles in 1968 as he kickstarted his DJing career.
He estimates he currently has around 265,000 singles over a range of formats, which he keeps in a purpose-built room in his home.
However, Mr Briggs is three short of collecting every chart entry in nearly 70 years.
The three singles he is missing are ‘Misguided’ by Dyverse, ‘Take Me Home’ by Everstrong and ‘Soopa Hoopz’ by Soopa Hoopz, featuring QPR Massive.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Briggs said: “These three were minor hits in the early 2000s and spent only one week in the singles chart. If anyone can help me get hold of copies of these it would be greatly appreciated.”
Anyone who may be able to help Mr Briggs in his search is asked to contact Caroline Community Radio.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 3 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
- 4 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk
- 5 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 6 A134 to close for resurfacing works taking drivers on 4-mile diversion
- 7 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 8 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 9 New collision beams 'catching drivers out' at Suffolk's 'most bashed' bridge
- 10 Cook on appointing Roberts and the potential for Richardson reunion