Maldon: Fire leaves woman suffering smoke inhalation

A WOMAN suffered the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire at her Essex home.

Essex Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews out to a property in Stapler Lane, Little Totham, Maldon, just before 10.20am today after receiving reports of a kitchen fire.

The fire was already out when firefighters arrived but the woman was left in the care of the ambulance service.

ADO Noakes, of Essex Fire and Rescue Service, is urging people to ensure they stay safe in the kitchen.

He said: “If a fire does break out in your kitchen, do not attempt to tackle it yourself.

“Just get yourself and your family out and call the fire service. We can deal with the fire safely and quickly.”