Maldon man convicted of drink driving in Essex Police Christmas campaign
- Credit: Archant
A 47-year-old from Maldon is among four drivers from Essex to be convicted as part of Essex Police’s Christmas anti-drink and drug driving campaign.
The campaign, which ran throughout December, featured 148 people across the county arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving.
Colin Page, 47, of Washington Road in Maldon was arrested shortly after 9pm on December 8 in Cross Road, Maldon, on suspicion of drink driving, and has since been convicted.
He has been disqualified for 20 months, fined £680, and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £68 victim surcharge.
The 148 arrests Essex Police made during December included 102 for drink drive offences.
Adam Pipe, casualty reduction manager last month said of the campaign: “There are still people around our county who are acting selfishly, thinking they can get away with putting their safety, and that of other people, at risk.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143