Man, 29, appears in court over A12 crash at Kelvedon, as woman fights for life in hospital
A man has been charged following a serious collision which left a woman with life-threatening injuries.
Police were called to the A12 at Kelvedon just after 1am on Tuesday, after a Mitsubishi Shogun left the carriageway and crashed onto the B1024 below.
Ashley Jackson, 29, of Hunters Hall Road, Dagenham, has been charged with aggravated vehicle taking, no insurance and driving without a licence.
He appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court this morning where he pleaded not guilty to the first offence, and entered no pleas for the driving without a licence and insurance charges.
Magistrates’ remanded Jackson in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on November 29.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released under investigation for causing serious injury by dangerous driving and driving while unfit.
A woman in her 30s remains in a life-threatening condition. She was taken to Broomfield Hospital with a back injury and later transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster
The A12 underwent extensive work overnight and has been fully reopened today.