Pedestrian suffers life-changing injuries after car mounts pavement in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old man has suffered life-changing injuries after he was hit by a car in Braintree.
Police were called just after 3.30pm today, Sunday, April 8, to reports that a pedestrian had been struck by a white Audi R8 which had mounted the pavement on South Street, close to Station Approach and the Kwik-Fit garage.
The injured man has been taken to the Royal London Hospital with serious life-changing injuries.
Two men, a 35-year-old from Braintree and a 35-year-old from Halstead, have been arrested in connection the collision and are currently in police custody.
Essex Police are appealing for anyone who may have seen the Audi being driven in the area in the moments leading up the collision to get in contact.
You may also want to watch:
If you can help with their investigation, call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email email@example.com
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season