Man airlifted from yacht
A man had to be rescued after becoming ill on board a yacht near Maylandsea on the river Blackwater in Essex.The incident happened at 8.15am on Thursday.
A man had to be rescued after becoming ill on board a yacht near Maylandsea on the river Blackwater in Essex.
The incident happened at 8.15am on Thursday.
Coastguards were unable to launch a rescue boat as the man's yacht was aground and surrounded by mud.
An RAF helicopter was called and the man was air-lifted to Southend Airport.
You may also want to watch:
He was later transferred by ambulance to Southend Hospital.
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 8 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs