Two arrests after man is attacked ‘with bricks’ in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital after he was assaulted by a group of people in a targeted attack, police have said.
The man, aged in his 40s, was allegedly assaulted in Silks Way, Braintree, around 2am today after it was reported a group of people threw bricks at him and punched him.
The man sustained a number of “significant injuries”, Essex Police said, but is in a stable condition in hospital.
An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of robbery and a 43-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of robbery and GBH.
Police said they believe the incident was a targeted attack and do not believe there is a risk to the wider public.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with CCTV, dash cam, or doorbell footage, is asked to call police on 101, quoting incident 154 of October 25 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him