Man and child killed in plane crash
A THREE-YEAR-OLD child and a man died yesterday after a light aircraft crashed in Essex.A woman was thrown clear of the plane after it crashed near the M25 at Navestock, firefighters said.
A THREE-YEAR-OLD child and a man died yesterday after a light aircraft crashed in Essex.
A woman was thrown clear of the plane after it crashed near the M25 at Navestock, firefighters said.
Police said experts from the Department of Transport's Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) had begun an inquiry into the incident, which happened shortly after 4pm yesterday.
A spokesman for Essex Fire Service said the plane had crash-landed in a field.
You may also want to watch:
“The aircraft was carrying two adults and a child," said a spokesman.
“A man and a three-year-old child have been killed. A woman was thrown clear of the wreckage and taken to hospital.”
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
Paramedics said the woman had “crawled” out of the wreckage and suffered head and facial injuries.
A spokeswoman for the Essex Ambulance Service said the injured woman was fully conscious and was being treated at Queen's Hospital in Romford.