Man arrested after ‘two-figure sum’ stolen in Braintree Co-op robbery charged
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man arrested on suspicion of robbery following a raid on a Co-Op in Braintree has been charged.
Just after 8am on Saturday, August 19, a man went into the store in Church Street and demanded money.
Police say he left with a two-figure sum.
Officers were on scene seven minutes after the call and conducted a search of the area.
The 37-year-old man – who has been named by police as Ben Cresswell from Queens Road in Braintree – was arrested nearby on suspicion of robbery, and has now been charged with robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.
He is due before Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court tomorrow, Monday, August 21.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 7 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 8 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson