Man arrested by police on patrol following incident in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a 24-year-old man on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified following an incident in Bury St Edmunds.
Officers on patrol spotted an altercation between two people taking place in Tayfen Road shortly before 3.15pm today.
They stopped to assist and it is alleged that a man then got into a car and attempted to drive off.
The officers arrested a 24-year-old man on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified after the incident.
He has been taken to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation for questioning.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “Officers on patrol noticed an altercation taking place in Teyfen Road, Bury St Edmunds at approximately 3.15pm today.
“They arrested a 24-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds on suspicion of driving whilst disqualified following the incident.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 7 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 8 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
“The man has been taken into custody for questioning where he is expected to remain for most of the afternoon.”
No-one is thought to have been hurt in the incident.