Man arrested following suspected stabbing incident in Eastgate Street, Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital after suffering two small stab wounds to each leg following an incident in Bury St Edmunds last night.
Police were called just before 11pm yesterday to reports that a man had been stabbed in Eastgate Street.
The 27-year-old victim was treated at hospital, but has since discharged himself.
A 46-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was subsequently arrested around 12.45am today on suspicion of GBH in connection with the incident.
He has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he remains for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
A police cordon is in place at the scene and is expected to remain until lunchtime today.
Police are asking any witnesses to contact west CID at Bury St Edmunds police station on 101.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs