Man arrested with shotgun following arson attack
- Credit: A man has been arrested following r a shotgun incident near Sudbuy. Picture: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman has been taken to hospital following reports of a domestic disturbance near Sudbury which involved a shotgun.
Police received reports at just after 6.30pm last night, Sunday, September 8, of a dispute at a property in Canhams Road, Great Cornard near Sudbury.
At the scene officers found a man believed to have come from the property in a garden in possession of a shotgun.
The man in his 40s from the Sudbury area, was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage, arson endangering life, and possession of a firearm with intent and assault.
He has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he will be interviewed by officers.
You may also want to watch:
A woman was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure and a cordon remains in place whilst enquiries continue.
A firearm was recovered from the scene and has been made safe.
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
Anybody with any information relating to this incident should contact West CID quoting CAD 332 of 8 September.