Man attacked and robbed by gang at his home in Bernard Crescent in Ipswich
An elderly man has been robbed in his own home after a gang of men broke in and attacked him.
Police said three or four men forced entry to the rear of a property on Bernard Crescent, Ipswich.
They confronted the resident, a man in his 70s, and pushed him to the ground, demanding money from him.
The man did not suffer any injuries as a result of the incident and did not require hospital treatment.
The offenders are described as white men wearing dark clothing and balaclavas, in their teens or 20s.
You may also want to watch:
They then searched the house and stole cash and an antique clock before leaving.
Detective Inspector Dave Green said the incident happened around 11.20pm last night.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
He said: “We are very keen to speak to anyone who may have information relating to this incident in which a vulnerable man was assaulted and possessions taken.
“The victim is being offered support whilst we work to locate the offenders and I would urge anyone who knows who is responsible to contact us as soon as possible.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has any information is asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101 quoting crime number IE/15/1811.