Young boy left shaken by grabbing attempt in Old Heath Road, Colchester
- Credit: Archant � 2005
Police are investigating reports a man tried to grab an 11-year-old boy in the Old Heath area of Colchester this morning.
Detectives believe the man, described as being between 35 and 45 years old, approached the boy at the junction of Abbots Road and Old Heath Road at around 8.40am.
He stopped in front of the boy and asked him where he was going – but when the youngster tried to get away, the man tried to grab his sleeve.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “The boy was able to run away, and although very shaken, he was not physically harmed.
“We are in the early stages of the investigation, and would like to reassure people that this is currently being treated as an isolated incident.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was described as white with grey scruffy hair.
He also had stubble, and was wearing a black coat with a hood.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Police believe he was also carrying an orange backpack.
To help, call the Colchester Local Policing Team on 101 with information or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.