Man bailed over fatal crash arrest
A PERSON has died in a serious collision between a car and a cyclist.
POLICE have re-bailed a driver involved in a fatal crash to give them more time to investigate.
The 18- year-old man from the Great Dunmow area was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal collision at Ford End on Sunday.
He was released yesterday and was today re-bailed until December 14 while enquiries continue.
Nicholas Cherrill, 57, of Boreham Road, Great Leighs, died as a result of the crash, which happened in Main Road (The old A130) at Ford End, just outside the county town of Chelmsford.
You may also want to watch:
Police continue to appeal for any witnesses to this collision. Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown