Man blindfolded and forced into car
AN investigation has been launched after a man reported being falsely imprisoned and driven blindfolded from Suffolk to Essex by two men.
The drama unfolded close to the Tesco store and garage at Anson Road in Martlesham Heath, near Ipswich, in the early hours of this morning.
Suffolk police were contacted by officers in Essex around 6.20am after a 29-year-old man went into a petrol station in Cressing, near Braintree, and reported that he had been forced into his car and driven from Suffolk by two men.
In his initial account the victim said he had decided to go for a drive around 3.20am after waking up in the night.
He drove to the Tesco store but as he was driving out he became aware of a man standing near his door.
You may also want to watch:
This man then opened his door, pulled him out and shoved him into the back of his own Land Rover Freelander vehicle.
A second man then blindfolded the 29-year-old and got into the vehicle and they drove off.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
It is then believed the vehicle ran out of petrol because it stopped and one of the men told the victim not to move.
Both the offenders got out of the vehicle and ran away and the 29-year-old - who was not injured - was able to get to a petrol station and raise the alarm.
The vehicle was found on the A1120 near the Great Notley slip road.
The first man is described as being white and around 6ft 7ins tall and the second man considerably shorter.
Police are carrying out enquiries and will be getting a more detailed account from the victim and reviewing CCTV.
However they are asking anyone who may have been in either the Martlesham Heath area or travelling along the route between there and where the vehicle was found to get in touch if they saw either men or the Land Rover Freelander on route.
Officers are particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the two men in the area of Tesco around 3am – 4am, anyone who may have seen two men running away in the area near the Great Notley slip road or anyone who may have seen a similar Land Rover between 3.20am and 6.20am.
If you have any information call Ipswich CID on 01473 613500.