Man charged after cold case review
A MAN from Colchester has been charged in connection with a rape dating back to an incident in the town in 1994 following a cold case review by Essex Police.
A MAN from Colchester has been charged in connection with a rape dating back to an incident in the town in 1994 after a cold case review by Essex Police.
Peter Hull, 38, will appear at Colchester Magistrates' Court tomorrow after being charged with four sexual offences, including rape and attempted rape.
Hull, of Normandy Avenue, Colchester, was arrested and charged after police launched the cold case review relating to the incident that took place in the East Hill area of the town.
A police spokesman said: “A woman, who was in her 30s at the time, was approached by a man asking for directions close to midnight on July 2 1994.
You may also want to watch:
“He walked part of the way with her before she was attacked.”
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away