Man charged by police investigating stabbing in Croxton Road, Thetford
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged by police investigating a stabbing in Thetford.
Police were called to reports of a stabbing in Croxton Road in the town at around 10.15pm on Friday.
Norfolk Constabulary today confirmed a man had sustained a stab wound following a “serious assault” in Croxton Road.
The victim has been recovering over the weekend in hospital from his injury, which is not believed to be life-threatening, police said.
Stuart Elliott, 49, of Harriet Martineau Close, Thetford, has been charged with causing racially aggravated grievous bodily harm, the force said.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody. He is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Monday).
An air ambulance was called to the scene of the incident on Friday night but was not required as the victim was taken to hospital in a land ambulance.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash