Man charged with arson after flat fire in east Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A 28-year-old man from Eye has been charged with arson following a fire within a flat complex in the town.
Around 1.15am on Monday, August 13, police received reports of a blaze within flats in Hutton Court, which caused minor damage to the building.
No-one was injured in the incident.
Matthew Eaves, of Hutton Court, was arrested a short time later on suspicion of arson and he was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was subsequently charged with arson and remanded into police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Eaves appeared before Ipswich magistrates on Tuesday, August 14, where he was remanded. He is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Tuesday, September 11.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock