Man charged following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds pub car park
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old man has been charged following a stabbing at a Bury St Edmunds pub car park which left a man with life-threatening injuries.
Hari Farlie, of no fixed address, has been charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm in connection to the incident on Friday, October 25.
Police had been called shortly after 11.35pm following reports that a man had been stabbed during an altercation with four or five men in the car park outside The Moreton Hall pub in Lawson Place.
Farlie was arrested in Haverhill yesterday, Wednesday, November 6, and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was remanded in custody and is due to appear before magistrates in Ipswich tomorrow morning.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday afternoon, Wednesday, November 6, a 29-year-old man from Braintree was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the incident.
He was questioned and released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
Four other men were arrested in late October in connection to the stabbing.
A 32-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on Wednesday, October 30 while a 29-year-old man from Haverhill was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on Monday, October 28.
The men were both questioned and later released on bail until Monday, November 25, pending further enquiries.
A 24-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on Saturday, October 27.
He was questioned and released on bail until Monday, November 18.
A 29-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was arrested shortly after the attack, on Saturday, October 26. He was questioned and later released under investigation.