Man charged in connection with the Sudbury bomb scare
Police have charged a man in connection with the Sudbury bomb scare.
Police have charged a man in connection with the Sudbury bomb scare that saw the whole town come to a standstill on Wednesday.
41-year-old Mark Brett who lives in Tudor Road, is charged with placing an article with intent, communication of false information and possession of class A drugs.
He will appear before Ipswich magistrates court this morning.
The incident saw the entire town cordoned off after a suspect package was found in a rucksack in Barclays Bank, Market Hill.
You may also want to watch:
All roads leading in and out of the town were blocked by police as the closed off Sudbury to cars and pedestrians alike as the dealt with the item.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England