Man charged with conspiracy to murder in Bury shooting investigation
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old man from Somerset has been charged by detectives investigating a shooting in Bury St Edmunds.
Police were called at 6.45pm on August 4 to reports that a man had been shot in the stomach at an address in Forum Court.
The victim, aged in his 30s, was taken to hospital for treatment and remains in a stable condition.
A burnt-out car which was discovered in Rushbrooke Lane at 7.15pm the same evening has also been linked to the investigation following the discovery of a shotgun inside it.
Simon Webber, of Sydenham Close, Bridgwater, has this evening been charged with conspiracy to murder.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody to appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
A 39-year-old man from Dorchester arrested on suspicion of attempted murder has been released on police bail until September 25 pending further enquiries.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
A 34-year-old man, also from Dorchester, arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder was released on police bail today until September 24.
On August 5, a 58-year-old man and two women aged 59 and 28 - all from the Needham Market area – were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and subsequently released on bail until October 1 pending further enquiries.
Police are continuing to appeal for anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour at either Forum Court or Rushbrooke Lane on the evening of the shooting to come forward.
To help, contact the Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference BU/15/2542, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.