Man charged with eight burglaries across Suffolk and Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old man has been charged with eight burglaries in Suffolk and Norfolk.
Stan Smith, if no fixed address, was arrested in Diss on Monday, October 16.
Officers were called to a property in the Avenue in Lowestoft at around 10.40am on Thursday, October 12, after receiving reports of a burglary in progress where a window had been smashed which had activated the house alarm.
A member of the public reported seeing a man carrying a knife exit the house, who shouted threats as he ran towards a parked car, a grey Volvo.
Following his arrest, Smith was charged with eight counts of burglary offences.
You may also want to watch:
These include burglaries in Gromford Lane in Snape and Hill Farm Road in Halesworth and aggravated burglaries in Coleridge Road, Wordworth Road, Heywood Road, St Mary’s Drive and Victoria Close in Diss.
The charges all relate to incidents which occurred between Tuesday, October, 10 and Monday, October 16.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
Smith has been remanded into custody and will appear before Norwich Magistrates Court today, Wednesday,October 18.