Man concocts stabbing story

A MAN who told police he had been attacked by three men and stabbed has admitted he made the story up.

The 26-year-old originally told officers he was knifed in Quay Street, Halesworth, around 3.30am on Sunday, October 24.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “Officers began extensive enquiries into the incident but forensic evidence and other aspects of the man’s story did not add up.

“Police re-interviewed the alleged victim who admitted he had made the story up.

“Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the injury he sustained.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus