Suffolk man denies ransacking woman’s flat and stealing underwear
A man has denied stealing underwear and other clothing from a woman’s flat in Ipswich.
Joe Vincent appeared in custody at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Monday – via video link from Martlesham police investigation centre.
The 33-year-old pleaded not guilty to burgling a flat in Orwell Court on Friday, September 7.
Vincent, who gave the court his father’s address, in Ferry Road, Sudbourne, is also accused of damaging make-up, cosmetics, bedding, carpets and floorboards at the flat, and making off without paying a £58.20 taxi fare in Orford on the same date.
Prosecutor Tess Mann asked magistrates to decline jurisdiction and send the case to crown court for trial.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Holt, representing Vincent, said his client “wholly denied” the charges.
Vincent was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Crown Court for a trial preparation hearing on October 10.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket