Man detained after flats evacuated in fire drama
A man was taken to St Clement’s Hospital in Ipswich today after a flat fire led to residents having to leave their homes.
Police, firefighters and paramedics were sent to a block of flats in Alderman Road at 9.45am.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said early reports indicated a flat and bins were alight.
The ground floor flat was occupied at the time.
Two fire crews from Princes Street were sent to the scene and put the blazes out.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated a man for smoke inhalation.
The casualty was understood to be in his 40s.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
No one else is believed to have been hurt during the incident, although the block of flats had to be evacuated.
Police originally detained a man on suspicion of arson, before he was taken to St Clement’s.