Man dies after being struck by sports car which mounted pavement in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A man who was hit by a sports car which had mounted a pavement in Braintree has died.
Essex Police were called at around 3.30pm, on Sunday, April 8, to reports that a 29-year-old man had been struck by a white Audi R8 which had mounted the pavement on South Street, near Station Approach and the Kwik Fit garage.
He was taken to Royal London Hospital but died on Sunday, April 15.
A 35-year-old man from Halstead and a 35-year-old man from Braintree were arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and were later released under investigation.
Essex Police are appealing for anyone who saw the collision or the vehicle being driven in the general area prior to the collision to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
Contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email email@example.com with information.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family