Man dies after car collides with tree
- Credit: Tom Potter
A man has died in a crash on the Suffolk-Cambridgeshire border after his car left the road and hit a tree.
Cambridgeshire police were called to the incident at around 9.45am on the A1303 at Bottisham, near Newmarket.
Officers attended the crash, along with fire and ambulance crews, but the motorist was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two crews were called from Suffolk to assist Cambridgeshire Fire Service.
The road is still closed between Bottisham and the A14 while an investigation takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the collision should call 101 and ask to speak to a member of the road policing unit quoting incident 100 of January 7.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One