Man dies in A12 crash involving ‘several HGVS’
- Credit: Su Anderson
All lanes have now reopened on the A12 at Chelmsford following an accident in which a man died this morning.
Essex police were called to the incident, southbound close to junction 17, at around 6.10am to reports of a collision between a pedestrian and several HGV lorries.
The pedestrian, now confirmed by police to be a Wickford man aged 65, died at the scene despite the efforts of attending police officers, ambulance staff and a doctor from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service.
His family have been informed.
It is thought the man parked in a lay-by and got out of his car, at which point he was struck by an HGV.
You may also want to watch:
The southbound carriageway was closed close to junction 17 for Howe Green.
The carriageway reopened at midday, but heavy residual delays remained through-out the afternoon.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn