Two teenagers killed in separate road accidents within 24 hours
A 19-year-old man has died following a serious crash on the A120 at Coggeshall today – the second teenager killed on local roads in less than 24 hours.
Essex Police were called to the scene of the crash around 2.40pm Saturday, August 1.
The crash involved a white Mercedes and a white Peugeot car.
Police have since confirmed the man’s death, while a man in his 50s and a woman in her late teens have been taken to hospital with serious injuries.
The road remains closed at the Coggeshall bypass, between West Street and Colchester Road.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers have been advised to avoid the area.
Those with information or dashcam footage are asked to contact Essex Police on 101, quoting incident 844 of August 1.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
The crash follows another accident in Kirby Cross, where a 17-year-old boy died after his motorbike collided with a lamppost around 9.30pm on Friday night.
Those with information with that crash are asked to call police on 101, quoting incident 1520 of Friday, July 31.