Man dies following crash between cyclist and lorry on A134 near Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has died after a crash on the A134 near Sudbury this morning.
The crash happened at around 10.10am today, Friday, October 19 on the A134 between the roundabout with the B1064/A131 and Mills Lane.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, a lorry and a bicycle were involved in the crash.
The male cyclist died at the scene.
A stretch of the A134 was closed by police while an investigation into the collision took place.
You may also want to watch:
The road is expected to reopen at around 5pm today.
Diversions are currently in place from the roundabout with the B1064/A131 although traffic can still travel around the roundabout towards Long Melford and Sudbury.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
The A134 is closed at the opposite end at the junction with Bull Lane where there are diversions in place through Long Melford and Acton.
If you witnessed the collision or have any information that could assist officers in their investigation contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference CAD 110 of October 19.