Man falls from roof and impales himself on deck chair in west Suffolk
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A man is in a critical condition after falling around 20ft from a roof onto a deck chair in Bury St Edmunds.
Police and ambulance crews, including the East Anglian Air Ambulance, were called to a property in Church Row around 8.15pm yesterday.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the man had fallen from the roof of a terraced building and “impaled himself on a camping deck chair”.
The patient, a man believed to be in his 40s, suffered “serious chest injuries”, an ambulance spokesman said.
Paramedics treated the man at the scene and gave him anaesthetic before taking him to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by land ambulance.
The East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said he was in a critical condition.
Police attended to control crowds and to facilitate the landing of the air ambulance - the incident is not being investigated.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich