Man for hire on the internet
By Mark HeathA DISILLUSIONED man has come up with an unusual way of finding himself a new job - he has put his talents up for auction on the internet.
By Mark Heath
A DISILLUSIONED man has come up with an unusual way of finding himself a new job - he has put his talents up for auction on the internet.
Jon Mortimer, who lives in Ipswich, hopes his idea will change his life for the better and claimed he would consider any offer from anywhere around the world.
The 23-year-old decided to put himself up for sale on the popular auction website eBay after leaving his seven-year career in IT.
You may also want to watch:
“Basically, I left my job three weeks ago. It wasn't going anywhere, so I decided to quit and see what other ideas I could come up with,” said Mr Mortimer.
“The idea came about from another eBay auction I saw. I just thought it would be good to go a step further and auction myself for a job, so I went for it.”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 'I felt we deserved to win' - Cook on 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
Mr Mortimer's lot will feature on the website for 10 days, with a starting bid price of just £1.
It reads: “This is the beginning of my search for happiness and I therefore put my life in your hands.
“Very flexible, motivated, enthusiastic, trustworthy, polite, easy going, fit, healthy and well organised. Mentally and physically able to try anything.
“If you're successful, need someone who you can trust and will give 110% then please get in touch.
“You/your company have the chance to make a dream come true and to show a huge amount of trust and generosity.
“This is not a joke, you have the opportunity to change a person's life, possibly forever. I'm not trying to follow in the footsteps of others, but using initiative to highlight an opportunity that could possibly work for me.”
Mr Mortimer said he was desperate to get away from the daily grind that his former job entailed.
“I don't mind pressure or stress or even starting at the bottom. I just want to find a job that I can enjoy, whatever that may be,” he added.
“I wanted to try something unique to highlight the fact that there are people who do good work, but aren't in the right job.
“I'm really excited about what I'm doing - this is a chance for me to change my life.”
Anyone wanting to make a bid for Mr Mortimer should visit www.ebay.co.uk and go to item number 2988430954.