Man found dead in prison
A MAN has been found dead in a prison in Peterborough, police revealed today.Cambridgeshire Police said the man, who has not yet been named, was discovered unconscious at around 8pm last night and although attempts were made to resuscitate him, he was declared dead just before 9pm.
EIGHT men have been arrested following the death of a man at Peterborough Prison.
Brian Haynes, 33, from the Huntingdon area, was discovered unconscious in his cell at 8pm yesterday.
He was pronounced dead an hour later.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said the death was being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
The men being questioned are aged 21, 23, 25, 42, 51, and two 24-year-olds plus a further man who age is unknown.
A post-mortem was carried out today on the body of Mr Haynes but further tests are required. Police are not in a position to identify a cause of death.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
A spokesman for the category B jail said an investigation had been launched