Man found guilty of child sex offences in Clacton in 1970s and 80s
- Credit: Archant
A man has been convicted of a string of historical child sex offences in Clacton.
Officers received a report on November 7, 2016, alleging Leslie Bryan, 64, had abused boys in the 1970s and 80s.
Bryan, of Burton Close, Dawley, Shropshire, was arrested in December 2016 and then further arrested on January 10 last year.
He appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on June 21, 2017, where he faced charges of nine counts of indecent assault, two counts of buggery, and two counts of indecency with a child.
All the offences related to boys under the age of 16.
You may also want to watch:
He denied the charges but following a four-day trial at Chelmsford Crown Court was found guilty today on all 13 charges.
He is due to be sentenced at the same court on April 6.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'