Man found in street with head injuries
POLICE are trying to discover what happened to a man found unconscious and with head injuries in a Braintree street.
By Juliette Maxam
POLICE are trying to discover what happened to a man found unconscious in the street with head injuries.
The 21-year-old man from Tiptree was found unconscious on the ground by a member of the public in Braintree, at 5.45pm last night.
He was taken to Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, with serious head injuries. It is not clear whether he was attacked or had a fall.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance service spokesman said: “An ambulance was quickly on scene. The crew stabilised the man's condition before taking him on blue lights to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford where medics were on standby. His condition on arrival was said to be critical.”
Before he was found, at the junction of Panfield Lane and Aetheric Road, he was spotted talking to a woman in a pink top and the driver of a blue taxi-type vehicle, which had a slogan in white writing which possibly said: “We're always here to help you.” He spoke to both people separately.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree
Anyone with information, particularly the two people he spoke to, is asked to contact Braintree police on 01376 551312.