Man from Derbyshire bailed after being arrested in connection with Bury St Edmunds shooting investigation
- Credit: Archant
A Derbyshire man arrested yesterday in connection with a shooting in Suffolk last year has been bailed.
The 20-year-old was taken into custody in connection with the incident in Bury St Edmunds last summer.
Around 6.45pm on August 4 the force was called to reports a man had been shot in the stomach at an address in Forum Court, near the railway station.
The victim, aged in his thirties, was successfully treated in hospital for his injuries.
The man arrested yesterday morning is from the Matlock area. He was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and was questioned by Suffolk Constabulary detectives in Derbyshire.
You may also want to watch:
He must answer bail on February 23 at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre pending further enquiries.
Five men and one woman have all previously been charged with conspiracy to murder in relation to this crime: Simon Webber, aged 31, of Sydenham Close, Bridgwater, Somerset; Frank Warren, aged 51, of Victoria Road, Dorchester; Andrew Seaton, aged 40, of Frome View, Maiden Newton, Dorchester; Paul Baker, aged 35, of Neils View, Maiden Newton, Dorchester; Colin Deferia, aged 59, of Battisford Road, Barking; and Rebecca Deferia, aged 29, of Carnation Way, Red Lodge.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
The five men have been remanded in custody pending a trial at Ipswich Crown Court listed to begin on April 11.
Rebecca Deferia made her first appearance at the crown court on January 13 where she was granted bail ahead of a plea and case management hearing to be held within 28 days of that appearance.
A 60-year-old woman, arrested on August 5 last year and bailed, previously had her bail cancelled and will face no further police action.