Man hospitalised after A12 smash
A MOTORCYCLIST has been airlifted to hospital following a collision on the A12 in Essex this morning.
The blue Honda motorbike he was riding was involved in an accident with a silver Mercedes near Hatfield Peverel, north-east of Chelmsford.
The man, from south-east Essex, suffered a head injury and was flown to Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
The accident, which happened at 10.50am, has left just one carriageway of the northbound section open. Police said motorists, as of 12.20pm, were still experiencing delays.
The car driver, a woman, was uninjured,
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses who have not spoken to police are asked to contact investigating officer Pc Cally Copley on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid