Man in Church Walk, Mildenhall scared off burglar who broke into his home
- Credit: citizenside.com
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a man broke into a house in Mildenhall before being disturbed by the occupant.
The break-in took place at around 6.45pm yesterday evening at a house in Church Walk.
The victim heard loud banging at his back door and when he went to investigate discovered a man wearing a balaclava had broken into the house.
The victim shouted at the man, who shouted back in a foreign language before running away out of the back door empty-handed.
The offender is described as being over 6ft tall and of large build. He was wearing a black balaclava, a black woollen coat and black trousers. He spoke in a language believed to be eastern European.
Following this two men described as wearing black knitted woollen beanies pulled down over their faces, were seen driving in a silver estate car from Wamil Way onto Queensway.
Police were called and searched the area assisted by the dog unit, but were not able to locate the offenders.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have seen either the men or a car matching the description to contact them. Calls should be made to the Bury St Edmunds Priority Crime Team on 101.