Man in Church Walk, Mildenhall scared off burglar who broke into his home
- Credit: citizenside.com
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a man broke into a house in Mildenhall before being disturbed by the occupant.
The break-in took place at around 6.45pm yesterday evening at a house in Church Walk.
The victim heard loud banging at his back door and when he went to investigate discovered a man wearing a balaclava had broken into the house.
The victim shouted at the man, who shouted back in a foreign language before running away out of the back door empty-handed.
The offender is described as being over 6ft tall and of large build. He was wearing a black balaclava, a black woollen coat and black trousers. He spoke in a language believed to be eastern European.
You may also want to watch:
Following this two men described as wearing black knitted woollen beanies pulled down over their faces, were seen driving in a silver estate car from Wamil Way onto Queensway.
Police were called and searched the area assisted by the dog unit, but were not able to locate the offenders.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have seen either the men or a car matching the description to contact them. Calls should be made to the Bury St Edmunds Priority Crime Team on 101.