Man in court in connection with alleged stabbing
A MAN has today appeared in court charged in connection with an alleged stabbing in Ipswich.
Robert Wilson, of Thackeray Road, Ipswich appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court yesterday charged with grievous bodily harm with intent.
Wilson, 47, has been committed to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on September 2 where he is expected to enter a plea to the charges against him.
Emergency services were called to Thackeray Road on Sunday morning to reports a man had been stabbed.
A 24-year-old, who suffered stab wounds to the upper torso was taken to hospital, police said.
You may also want to watch:
His injuries were not thought to be life threatening and he was admitted in a stable condition.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores