Man in his 70s injured in Essex bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters in Essex were called to two incidents in the early hours of this morning.
The first incident happened around 1.30am in Fortinbras Way, Chelmsford.
One unit from Chelmsford attended a car fire which had spread to a nearby property.
Two hose reels were used to extinguish the flames shortly before 2.30am.
A second incident then took place in Jaywick, near Clacton-on-Sea.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews were called around 3am to Lanchester Avenue to reports of a bungalow on fire.
The property was 100% alight on arrival, with two Clacton units and one Weeley unit attending the blaze.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
Firefighters used three hose reels and a covering jet to extinguish the fire around 4am.
A 70-year-old man was injured in the incident, and left in the care of paramedics.
A fire service spokesman confirmed that Essex Fire and Rescue would be carrying out an investigation to establish the cause of both fires.