Man in life-threatening condition after three-vehicle crash involving lorry at A12 Chelmsford
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Police have warned drivers to expect disruption on the A12 northbound after a three-vehicle crash left a man in a life-threatening condition.
The crash happened last night, at around 10pm, between junction 18 and 19, near Chelmsford. A white Mercedes sprinter van, a silver Ford Mondeo and an HGV were involved .
This morning (August 4) police warned drivers that there will be further disruption to the A12 northbound carriageway between junctions 18 and 19 while they recover the vehicles.
They are appealing for witnesses following the crash, with a 40-year-old man, who was the driver of the Mercedes van taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge by air ambulance.
He is in a critical and potentially life-threatening condition.
A woman and a man both in their 60s, who were the driver and passenger in the Mondeo, suffered minor injuries and were taken to Chelmsford hospital by ambulance.
• Witnesses or anyone with dash cam footage are asked to contact Pc Paul Barry at Stanway Roads Policing on 101
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 9 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 10 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge